Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday Ramblings

-Coach Robinson on Cam Dantley

"I think he's doing well," said SU head coach Greg Robinson of Dantley. "Can he get better? I know he's going to get better."

You read it. First time I've seen Gregger use "I know" without 'don't' in between. I'm sure he probably added "I'm really excited" it just wasn't included in the transcript.


-As happy ClemPson (P is of course intentional) fans down here are tossing up names for Tommy Bowden's successor I'd thought I'd toss this out there.


Yeah yeah.. I know. Where the hell does a Syracuse/Big East Fan get off making fun??

Its a joke dammit! LAUGH!!!!!!!

-In the spirit of Election season, The Axeman has a poll on his blog for you Orange faithful. I particularly like:

7.Most Surreal Carrier Dome Crowd Experience

*Penn State fans take over the Carrier Dome
*The crowd laughing as an "official" attendance of 34,694 was announced at the Northeastern game when there were only 14,000-15,000 butts in seats
*Hollywood star Dennis Quaid as an honorary captain

*Watching Pittsburgh take over in the 4th quarter


Hell, from my living room I thought 10,000 was being pretty damn fucking generous.

-On Bowden's firing at ClemPson & Gregger's future with the Orange, Bud Poliquin reports

That is, when will he (Gross)-- with the blessings of Chancellor Nancy Cantor and SU's Board of Trustees -- place Robinson out on the curb? With that quasi-precedent having been established down there at Clemson, when will Greg sigh his last with the Orange?

I'm afraid it won't be until after the season has played out. Doc Hollywood, who's busy writing 'Syracuse' on a bagful of ping pong balls with a sharpie, should take notes from the Tigers' administration. They saw where the program was headed, heard the gripes from the fans and took a new direction. And got a hell of a head start on it at that. Granted I thought they were braying jackasses for signing Bowden to an extension after last season. But they made the move none-the-less, and fans down here are excited about their program again.

No comments: