Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm Calling Upset!


Yes! You read that right. I'm calling for an upset this weekend when Penn State comes to the Dome for the first time in 2 decades. Let me take you back to last season for a minute. Its OK. You can put the vomit bag down for a minute. Remember when SU, following 3 straight waxings to start the season, went to a 30+ favored Louisville and pulled what was then the biggest upset ever going by the point spread? The week prior to the game every single SU fan was calling for GRobs head while reaching for their hoops schedule. Sounds a little like this week huh? This weekend Penn State is favored by nearly four touchdowns.


I'm a firm believer in the fact that history repeats itself. And while the easy thing for me to do is to point out just how bad the program has fallen, I thought I'd shed a little optimism. With the football team getting a glimmer of hope from watching the much anticpated film, "The Express" this week, I don't think the stage could be set any better. I don't think an SU upset could be more riper than this weekend. While we tend to focus on the negative, think back to the Louisville game. Remember how good it felt to be all over the College Football news? To see everyone talking about our team?? Sure things couldnt be any worse for SU fans right now. But I'm feeling optimistic about tomorrow. I'm hoping the Dome is electric and SU pulls yet another royal upset for the whole country to talk about.

ESPN's Brian Bennett blogged this week:


"Unfortunately, history is about all that Orange football fans can hold onto these days, because the present is a complete cataclysm."


History has a strange way of repeating itself. Here's to hoping SU is ready for a curtain call.
I'm calling it now.

SU 34 - PSU 31

1 comment:

Rush said...

Here's hoping you are right and we are wrong.