Wednesday, July 30, 2008

2007 Trend Breakdown Pt 1

Going by my poll to the left its fair to say that all 4 answers disgust SU fans near and far just about equally. I couldnt help but notice that the Interlocked Arms Team Entrance (even though it counts for 'all of the above') hasnt received a vote yet. Try as I did to find a pic of it on the web I'm almost glad I didn't because this is one 2007 trend that is just embarassing to watch as a fan.

That's all I am. A fan. I have no idea what goes on in the locker room. But I'm willing to bet that Coach Robinson doesn't just post the starting lineup on a random locker and tell the guys to hit the field. My guess is that he tries to get our Orange fired up and ready to play like champs. So here's my biggest problem with the way our boys take the field. Imagine getting all fired up in the locker room. To the point where youre ready to knock someone over full speed on the way to punching a hole in the wall. Then its "Let's all hold hands and march onto the field together". There goes all that adrenaline - right out your ass along with this morning's omlette. To even the most mentally tough players that has to be pretty deflating.

From a fan's point of view its just as deflating. I'm almost 19 hours away so the living room is my little dome. But I can only imagine being in the Dome, jumping up and down getting pumped up and watching... the players.......
slowly.....
sloooooooowly...... almost there........... take the field.
They look like first graders heading out to recess. It almost appears as if they're being forced to play today's game. Don't forget to eat your brocolli!

OK, I get the whole team unity thing. I really do. But from an opposing team's point of view it's just laughable. Were I a player on the other side of the field I'd be slapping my buddy on the shoulder pads and pointing:

"Get a load of those clowns!"

So coach, if you're reading this please for God's sake let the kids have some fun. let em come out and jump around, but heads, slap leaping high fives that the 80's Bears would be proud of. Let em really get into it. Nobody's gonna pull a Grammatica or a Frerotte and wind up on IR as a result of the opening celebration. Let the players get the crowd as well as themselves into it. Its only fair to let them loose before kickoff. Its called the loud house for a reason.


GO ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: