Friday, August 22, 2008

Which Way Did He Go, George? Which Way Did He Go??


Remember all that confidence we got from Coach Robinson all summer, and back at BE Media Day less than a month ago. Reading the Axeman's Blog you'd swear it was all a dream. I read the transcript from Danny Parkins' interview with the Head Coach and I must say I'm dumbfounded. It was almost like watching Clinton sidestep the meaning of the word 'sex' all over again. For those of you too lazy to click the link, here is some of it:

Danny Parkins: What would you consider improvement for this year?

Greg Robinson:Well, I'm going to let you people decide all that. I don't think that...I don't know. I don't know what the wins and losses is, but I think you are going to see an improved football team. I think it will be clear the people if it looks improved. I have my own expectations. At the same time, others have their own. I'm not going to try and make predictions and do all that. I'm confident that this football team is going to make their presence felt. I think our community is going to be proud of our football team."

What the fuck?? So we're to decide what improvement is? So since its being left to our imagination and the guy has no clue what the Ws & Ls are, I guess 3 wins is improvement? Sounds more like a load of shit. What the Sam Hell happened to "winning a bowl game"?

Danny Parkins:I have heard you say though that it is a realistic goal to get to a bowl game and win it."
Greg Robinson: "Well, that is our goal. Exactly right. I don't have any problem with that. I made that statement a long time ago. I thought you wanted me to make a new statement."


Oh. My bad. I jumped the gun.

Danny Parkins:"No, that's fine. I was asking about this season, or a player. That is fine, if you think still a goal for this team is to win a bowl game, I think fans are happy to hear that to be honest with you."

Greg Robinson: "Well, that is out there. But tell me the question you asked, Dan."

Danny Parkins:"Well, I guess the first one was..."Fans are going to most impressed with by...what?"


Greg Robinson "Yeah, see. That's...see...I don't know what that is getting to. I don't know. I kind of told you what I think this team is. They are an improved football team. They like each other, they play hard. They do all those things. So, what is most impressive. I don't know what is most impressive. I really don't. And I'm not going to come out and make some kind of statement. I have told you what the goal is for our football team, and you like that, so if that is what you want, put that in there."

"Well, Yeah, So, I don't know" all over the place. Sounds like a more clueless version of Lumberg from "Office Space"

Um..... yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeah..... so the team looks.... well the team is.... um.... yyyyeah..... doing good. So if they could ..... you know....... win ...... a game....... or two........ this year...... that.........that would ..... that would be great.

Any slight glimmer of optimism I had for the opener just vanished.

No comments: