Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ARob



In an interview with the Axeman, Syracuse starting quarterback Andrew Robinson, 'ARob' as he's known to most Orange fans, discusses everything from the upcoming Northwestern game to the team progress made this summer. Its a good interview. Orange fans need to check it out if they haven't already.

I will say this. He looks bigger than he did a year ago. He looks more confident - a team leader. I'm hoping for big things out of him this season. He was brought in to lead a new and improved passing game for the Orange and I think (if the stars are lined up right) he may open a few eyes on the national level. Perhaps last year's Louisville game was a preview of things to come.
In the interview the Axeman asks him how he likes the name "ARob". He said he's fine with it because he's been called that since high school. I, however, am not. Orange fans we need to figure out a different nickname to call him other than "ARob". Let it be known far and wide that a nickname made up of the first initial follwed by the first three or four letters of the last name is....... LAAAAAAAAAAME. I for one think we should call him 'Red'. Hell, every time I see him his face is beet red. Now I realize "Red" Robinson doesnt have any kind of ring to it. But dammit its a start! C'Mon Orange faithful lets give our QB a new nickname. I'll take suggestions in the comments posted and we'll have a poll in a future post.

No comments: